www.Hotmail.com has been one of the most used email portals for a while now. People went frenzy over using the Hotmail addresses because of the extensive features it has got. However, due to few reasons; it is now not possible to create a new account & hotmail login. Microsoft Outlook account is responsible for providing the email services as well as the general experiences which made Hotmail, indeed a popular choice among the crowd. Therefore, in case if you’re looking to Sign up Hotmail account, here’s a step by step guide which explains you the process. All you need to do is be attentive in following the steps and you can reward yourself, a new Hotmail.com account.
www.hotmail.com Sign Up | Hotmail Login Guide [New Trick]
Why use www.Hotmail.com ?
Windows Live Hotmail is the second popular email service available in the world, after Yahoo! Yes, it is even more popular than Gmail, given Microsoft is the developer of it. Hotmail comes in two different versions, free and paid.
History of Hotmail:
Initially known as Hotmail, it was launched back in 1996 and then bought by Microsoft in 1997 for $400 million. During that period, it has got around 8.5 million subscribers. Microsoft has managed to give the email service a huge boost that it turned out to be the biggest email provider. However, because of the competition from Yahoo, things turned out to be extremely tough for Hotmail. Its then, Gmail entered the market with tons of new features and accounts that offer around 1 GB of storage space.
Hotmail Free Account:
- Storage Space: The storage space of Hotmail has been increasing day by day. However, you can avail unlimited space for the incoming emails.
- Attachment Size: Each attachment can hold a file size up to 25MB just like Gmail.
- POP Access: All the subscribers can avail the free POP access with Hotmail. Through this, you can download the messages on other computers using the client. Earlier, people were only allowed to use the Live Mail or Outlook to do that which has been global.
- Forwarding: A 90-day login is mandatory in order to avoid the account from getting deleted. Apart from that, emails can be forwarded with an ease.
- Client Access: Using the favorite client and the POP3 settings, you can download the messages that are compatible with the protocol. Therefore, you can get the Hotmail even on your iPhone or smartphone.
- Languages: The total number of languages available to use in Hotmail is around 35.
- Virus Security: All the email services, incoming, and additional attachments are checked for viruses through Trend Micro scanning process by Windows Live Hotmail developers.
- Spam: It is only obvious that the emails attract spam. However, the spam filter here does a sophisticated job in sending all the spam to the trash folder.
- Expiration: In case of nonactivity, the account tends to expire in a period of 90 days which is why it is important to log in at least once in 90 days.
- Advertisements: Free accounts contain ads, especially a bigger one on the right side of the email. However, while you’re composing a mail, the ad is removed.
- Themes: You can customize the Hotmail account using colors, images and other icons. The user interface can be set based on your mood. Personalization of top-notch is available here.
- Folders: Just like Gmail, you can create multiple folders in the hot mail in order to manage your messages. All the subfolders can also be placed effectively.
- Spell Checker: Hotmail provides you an inbuilt spell checker and therefore, you can avoid all the possible errors for checking the email.
- Composition: Emails can be composed using a basic formatting which gives you a rich text. Just like Gmail, you can change the size, weight, color of the text accordingly.
Hotmail Plus features:
All the paid accounts of Hotmail constitute $19.95 in a year. They come with many additional benefits that are not usually available in the free version.
- Storage Space: You can avail unlimited storage space from Hotmail plus email services.
- Attachment: Each email has an attachment size of around 50MB which is two times of what we get from the free account.
- Advertisements: The Hotmail plus account is free of advertisements where you can browse freely without any distractions.
- Expiration: As long as the Hotmail plus is paid, your account will not get expired ever.
Hotmail.com Sign up
Hotmail accounts are quite similar to the Gmail accounts. If at all, if you want to use Gmail; all you need to do is make a sign-up. For Hotmail Login, follow the guide. Creating a new Hotmail account is an easy process and it allows you to both receives and sends emails through Hotmail email-based service to your friends as well as colleagues. The Hotmail signup process is simple as it comes with few registered steps. The Microsoft, as of now is offering the users with two types of email services, say @hotmail.com and @outlook.com and you can use any of them in order to get a new Microsoft Windows Live account.
Step by Step guide for Hotmail Sign up:
- Initially, start with opening a web browser on your device. This browser can either be Chrome, Firefox, Safari or any other functional browser.
- After the browser is loaded, click here or enter the URL that says, ‘https://signup.live.com/signup‘ in the browser. Wait for the page to load.
- The homepage will ask you to ‘Create an account’. Here, you can type your username and check if it’s available or not. The right side of the entry box will have two different options to choose from as mentioned. You can choose ‘@hotmail.com’ from here.
- Once you’re done with selecting the username, click on the option that says, ‘Next’. Here, you will be asked to create a password. Make sure your password has 8 characters in length including numbers, letters, and any special characters.
- After creating the password, the ‘Next’ button will take you to another page where you have to enter your credentials including ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’. Be done with them and click on ‘Next’.
- Adding few more details will get things done for you. You have to enter the ‘Country’ and as well as Birthday including the year of birth, month and date. After entering these details, click on ‘Next’ and you will be directed to a ‘Recaptcha’ page for confirmation. Enter the text to prove that you’re not automated.
- As a final step, you will now be redirected to the home page of your Hotmail account where you can find various options like Payments & Billing, Manage your Devices etc. Based on your preferences, you can do whatever you want with the available options.
The first time, you’re logging into Hotmail; it will give you two different options.
- You can create a nickname for the email account by choosing the nickname option when you’re asked to confirm the account. You can do this by using your email or text.
- For example, if you have chosen the SMS, you can enter the last 4 members of the mobile number in the text and press the button that says ‘Send Code’. Microsoft will send the SMS to your phone. All you need to do is enter this confirmation code.
- If you have chosen the email, you can enter the email into the text box and click submit. You can skip the option in case if you don’t want to have a nickname.
The Hotmail account can either be accessed from the web browser or from the mobile browser. You can use your Windows or Mac computer in order to make a hotmail login. below are the two hotmail.com login methods explained. For hotmail login, you need to remember & enter the login credentials.
Hotmail login via PC:
- Initially, open your Windows or Mac and launch any of the available web browsers on it. As soon as the browser is launched, you can open the official sign-in page of the Hotmail.
- Either search for it through a search engine or enter the URL ‘https://login.live.com/login.srf’ and wait for the page to load. Here, you will be asked to enter your credentials.
- You can enter your respective email id and as well as the password and then click ‘Next’ on this page. By doing this, you have successfully signed into your Hotmail account and can explore all the available services.
Now you are successfully logged in to your Hotmail account.
Syncing data to Hotmail Account:
In case if you want to sync all the previous data including contacts, personal files, and calendar on your phone, you need to sync it. To do that, you have to allow the app to sync all the data. As you launch the app, the Outlook will ask you the permission for the syncing process. Tap ‘Allow’ to initiate the process so that your data will be readily available on the device. By doing this, you will be thoroughly set to use Hotmail on your phone without any issues.
Hotmail Sign in Issues- Recover account of Hotmail:
Remembering passwords is a tedious thing to do. We tend to signup multiple accounts on multiple platforms and remembering all the passwords become difficult. Due to some unavoidable or random reasons, you might forget the account information which prohibits you from logging into your account. In such cases, you can always recover your Hotmail account through simple steps.
Hotmail allows you to recover your account in three different ways. You can set your password for your account either by using the phone number, an alternative address or by providing the personal data that you have given while you registered the account. All of these things can be done by entering the URL, https://account.live.com/acsr in the web browser and proceeding accordingly, based on your priorities.
It is important to remember that signing out of Outlook from a browser will only sign you out from that particular browser. For example, if you’re using Hotmail from a web browser, you can sign out from it using the ‘Sign out’ option available. To do that, go to the upper right corner and then click on the account. In the drop-down menu, select the option that says, ‘Sign out’ and sign out from the account.
Whenever you have made a login into the Hotmail account, you are creating a section with the server. By entering the correct information, you are creating a cookie inside the browser’s cache. This cookie is usually a text file with an expiration date and therefore, you will obviously be logged out after few days until unless you have manually logged out before that. In case if you have checked the box ‘Keep me signed in’, the cookie will keep you logged in at least for a month and therefore, you have to log out of the computer before that, if you want to secure the information.
That being said, here’s how you can use the Hotmail account, coming from creating the account, logging into the account, synching the account data, recovering the password, making a Hotmail login to signing out of Hotmail. If at all, you find any issues regarding them, you can approach us so that we can get back to you, effective immediately.